GO TO THE DAYTIME EMMY AWARDS
Ever wanted to see an awards show up close? The Daytime Emmy Awards are on Friday night at the Kodak Theater and you can get tickets 2-for-1. Type "emmy" in the promotional code box when clicking here.
HERE ARE FIVE EXERCISES TO KEEP YOUR BRAIN HEALTHY
Doctor Marie Savard has come up with five easy exercises you can do to keep your brain healthy:
1) Do activities with your non-dominant hand. That means if you brush your teeth or write with your right hand... try switching it up and doing it with your left hand.
2) Close your eyes during a safe activity... like when you're eating or showering. That makes you more aware of your other senses.
3) Play games. Strip poker qualifies, but try a board game or a word game or anything with strategy.
4) Break out of your repetitive funk. If your spot on the couch has a permanent mold of your backside, try sitting on the other side of the couch and see things from a new perspective.
5) Eat things you didn't want to when you were a kid. Fruits and vegetables have antioxidants... and certain types of fish are high in omega-3s... all of which boost your brain power.