AMERICAN IDOL NOTES
Our predictions were DEAD ON. Four more American Idol wannabes got the boot last night (Thursday), whittling down the competition to the Top 12 contestants.
On the guys' side, Luke Menard and Danny Noriega were sent packing. Luke, whose last performance Simon Cowell thought was "girly," hit the road singing "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go." "Spicy" Danny Noriega, whom Paula Abdul called a "bright light in this competition," was sent back home to Azusa, California singing "Tainted Love." Chikezie Eze also faced elimination but held on for at least one more week.
On the girls' side, Kady Malloy and Asia'h Epperson said goodbye. Kady, whom Simon called "robotic," sang "Who Wants to Live Forever" for her farewell performance. Asia'h, whom Simon called a second-rate WhitneyHouston the night before, brought tears to Paula's eyes with her exit from the show. Asia'h had won over the judges' hearts when she auditioned in Atlanta only two days after her father died in a car accident. She left the show singing "I Want to Dance With Somebody." Kristy Lee Cook staved off elimination.
Here's how I'd rank the 12 contestants...
1) David Archuleta
2) Carly Smithson
3) Jason Castro
4) Brooke White
5) Michael Johns
6) Ramiele Malubay
7) David Cook
8) David Hernandez
9) Syesha Mercado
10) Amanda Overmeyer
11) Chikezie Eze
12) Kristy Lee Cook
NO WONDER I'M NOT GETTING BETTER
Airborne will pay $23.3 million to settle a lawsuit for false advertising. The Center for Science in the Public Interest said the company will refund money to people who bought Airborne's product. They said, "There's no credible evidence that what's in Airborne can prevent colds or protect you from a germy environment. Airborne is basically an overpriced, run-of-the-mill vitamin pill that's been cleverly, but deceptively, marketed." People interested in getting a refund should log onto www.airbornehealthsettlement.com.
FIVE WAYS TO LIVE LONGER
Here are five things you can do that'll help you to live longer...
1) GRILL A STEAK. Believe it or not, but beef is actually good for you, because it helps to boost your immune system.
2) TAKE ASPIRIN. Aspirin is a blood thinner... which basically means that it helps to keep clots from forming in your blood. By doing this, it lowers your risk of having a heart attack or a stroke.
3) DRINK MORE TEA. Tea ALSO is a blood thinner... and drinking about two cups a day is all you need.
4) GET A DOG. You probably didn't know this, but having a dog makes your heart better able to deal with stress that can lead to heart disease.
5) MAKE FRIENDS AT WORK. You may not like EVERY person you work with, but try to be friends with a couple of them. People who have work friends generally have lower heart rates, even when they're stressed.