LITTLE WAYS TO GO GREEN
Being more friendly to the environment is easier than ever, with all kinds of tips and advice out there, from everyone from your mom to your favorite celebs. Even if you're not ready to drive a hybrid or go all out for the environment, you can live life a bit greener with these tips from Glamour.com:
1. Think outside the recycling bin. It's simple: These days you recycle a lot more than paper, glass, plastic, etc. Even better: Re-use stuff or donate items you don't need.
2. Pay bills and do your banking online. It saves you time (and stamps!) and it saves trees.
3. Shop online, too. Every minute spent driving to a store uses something like 10 times the energy of shopping on the Web.
4. Skip the receipt. Say "No" to getting a receipt at the ATM. Those little bits of paper are a top source of litter.
5. Stop the catalog insanity! Unwanted catalogs add up to over 4 million tons of paper a year. Sign up at catalogchoice.org to keep them out of your mailbox for good!WHO HAS THE BEST TEETH?
Men's Health Magazine did a study of the 100 biggest cities in the United States, and ranked where they fall in overall dental health.
Here were the top five:
1) Madison, Wisconsin (--in the southern part of the state)
2) Nashville, Tennessee
3) Raleigh, North Carolina (--in the center of the state)
4) St. Paul, Minnesota
5) Aurora, Colorado (--just east of Denver)
Bakersfield ranked 47th! Fresno? 74th!
NEED SPRING BREAK IDEAS?
Click here to find out what's happening here this week!