"WEDDING RING SITUATION" PHOTOS COMING!
You may have heard the story I told this morning that I lost my wedding ring in our kitchen "island" on Sunday night. We want your ideas!! Photos are coming later today, check it out, and tell me what you would do!
Click here to email Brent!
FOUR STEPS FOR GETTING OVER ANYTHING
Here are four tips for getting over a problem that you just can't seem to let go...
1) DISENGAGE YOURSELF. The first thing you need to do is stop kicking yourself. Whatever happened, it really can't be THAT bad. Stop dwelling on it and stop replaying the situation over and over in your head.
2) LOOK THE PROBLEM IN THE EYE. The problem may seem really bad for a couple hours or even a day... but when you look at it... it's probably not going to hang around much longer than that.
3) DON'T OBSESS. If you screwed up something and your boss caught it... or you embarrassed yourself in front of a date... chances are that they've already forgotten about it. So you need to stop obsessing over it.
4) DON'T TALK ABOUT THE PROBLEM. Give yourself some time to fully get over what happened before you decide to talk about it again. A day, a week, or however long you need so when it comes up, it doesn't put you back in a funk again.
KEEP YOUR NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS
Here are some tips for actually sticking with your new year's resolutions in 2008...
1) CHOOSE RESOLUTIONS THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY REACH. If you choose really difficult ones, you'll probably be off to a bad start.
2) HAVE A PLAN. Once you've made the list, come up with a plan for how to stick with it. If you want to lose weight, buy a book on how you can start. If you're going to try to quit smoking, research different ways that can help.
3) FIND SUPPORT. Get friends and family to back you up with your goals. It'll be a lot easier for you if you have the support of other people.
4) REWARD YOURSELF. When you reach small goals along the way to your ultimate goal, or even if you just have a really great week, do little rewards to treat yourself... like buying new clothes or going out to a nice dinner.
5) ACCEPT THAT MISTAKES HAPPEN. Nobody's perfect and mistakes happen... so don't let one little slip make you give up.