Thanks to all those who stopped by the Rosedale Wal-Mart yesterday to drop off a toy or two for our annual Toys For Tots drive... If you still want to drop off a toy, stop by any Chevron Valley Credit Union or Alpine Trees.
WHAT ANNOYS YOUR OFFICE MATES?
This week, the staffing firm Randstad USA released the results of a survey of American office workers, where they asked: What are the things that annoy you the MOST at work??? And here are the big seven, in order:
1) OFFICE GOSSIP, 60%. Three out of five of people say it bothers them when their co-workers talk about other co-workers behind their backs.
2) BAD TIME MANAGEMENT, 54%.
3) MESS IN THE COMMON AREAS, 45%. That includes people leaving spoiled food in the refrigerator.
4) BAD SMELLS, 42%. That includes things like too much perfume, people coming back from their breaks reeking of cigarettes or people eating certain foods, like kielbasa sandwiches, at their desks.
5) LOUD NOISES, 41%. That includes speaker phones and cell phone rings.
6) PEOPLE USING BLACKBERRIES DURING MEETINGS, 28%.
7) HITTING "REPLY TO ALL", 22%. That's when you need to send an e-mail response to one person, but you send it to all 300 people in the company.
WHAT WOMEN FIND ATTRACTIVE DURING THE HOLIDAYS
"Men's Health" asked 2000 women which holiday activities they find attractive. Here's what they found...
1) DRESSING UP FOR PARTIES. Women really like getting dressed up to go to holiday parties with you. On a scale of one to 10 of how much it turns them on, it's a 7.5.
2) GETTING JEWELRY. It's just about the best gift there is. 8 out of 10.
3) SHOPPING FOR KIDS. Sadly, toy shopping isn't sexy. 5 out of 10.
4) SITTING BY THE FIRE. This is the time of year to sit by the fire... 8.5 out of 10.
5) ICE SKATING. This is not as attractive or romantic as you think. 6 out of 10.
6) HAVING A SNOWBALL FIGHT. Snowball fights usually turn into warming up by the fire afterwards. 8 out of 10.
7) WATCHING FOOTBALL. Nope. TiVo it and watch when she's out. 3 out of 10.
8) BAKING COOKIES TOGETHER. THE ultimate Christmas turn-on. 10 out of 10.
9) VISITING YOUR GRANDMA. It's the right thing to do, but it's not a turn-on. 4.5 out of 10.
10) MAKING A SNOWMAN. Just like the snowball fight, doing a childhood activity together is EXTREMELY exciting for her. 8 out of 10.
CHRISTMAS PARADES TONIGHT
When: 6 p.m. Monday
Where: The fun starts at Oak Avenue and Seventh Street and travels east on Seventh Street to G Street.
Details: Santa Claus will ride in an antique fire engine with city dignitaries. Dance teams, car clubs, floats and bands are all scheduled to appear. Spectators may bring new, unwrapped toys for Toys for Tots.
When: 6:30 p.m. Monday
Where: Central Avenue at James Street, at the downtown square.
Details: It's a Christmas singalong, with kids and adults belting out carols and good cheer.
When: 7 p.m. Monday
Where: The route starts at 800 Center St.
Details: Floats, marching bands and Santa Claus are all on tap.
When: 7 p.m. Monday
Where: The route starts at Bear Mountain Boulevard at Campus Drive and runs east to C Street.
Details: Arvin is commemorating "A Centennial Christmas." Floats and marching bands will be on hand, and Santa Claus will ride a new float. Float entries are welcome; call Randy Thompson, 854-5581 to sign up.