MY TOP 5 TV SHOWS OF THE YEAR
In case you missed it, here was my Top 5 list of movies in 2007
2) Spider Man 3
3) Evan Almighty
4) The Simpsons Movie
HOW TO AVOID GETTING SICK THIS WINTER
So it's already well into December... and you've decided to LIVE ON THE EDGE... and NOT get a flu shot. Here are some things you can do to avoid getting sick...
1) DON'T SNEEZE INTO YOUR HANDS. If you must sneeze, do it into your elbow or your sleeve... and not your hand. This helps to keep the germs from spreading.
2) KEEP YOUR HANDS CLEAN. You probably don't take that long to wash your hands each day. But if you're around other sick people, you should wash them for about 20 seconds, each time.
3) DON'T OVERLOAD ON VITAMINS. If you're already sick, taking vitamins will do you absolutely no good. If you're trying to keep from getting sick, all you really need to take is one multivitamin a day.
4) TAKE IT EASY WHEN YOU WORK OUT. You may have heard that working out helps you to sweat out colds... but that's not true. Actually, too much sweating can dehydrate you even more when you already need extra fluids.
5) EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT. Hot foods... cold foods... anything that sounds good to you at the time is fine. There's really nothing you can eat that will make your illness worse.
DID YOU BLOW IT?
I like this survey, because anyone can talk about MAKING New Year's resolutions... but this survey went out and did an end-of-the-year AUDIT to see who actually KEPT theirs.
And the answer is... not that many of us. Here are the top 10 resolutions people made at the beginning of the year, ranked by how many people FAILED at keeping them.
1) START OR INCREASE SPIRITUAL LIFE. 60% failed.
2) (TIE) PAY OFF DEBTS. 58% failed.
2) (TIE) EAT HEALTHIER. 58% failed.
4) SPEND MORE TIME WITH THE FAMILY. 57% failed.
5) ENJOY LEISURE TIME. 54% failed.
6) GET ORGANIZED. 53% failed.
7) SAVE MONEY. 52% failed.
8) EXERCISE MORE. 51% failed.
9) REDUCE STRESS. 44% failed.
10 LOSE WEIGHT. 41% failed.
Even though, across the board, between two out of five and three out of five people failed at every resolution, 75% of people say they're planning on making a New Year's resolution this year.
THURSDAY TRIVIA QUESTION
Adults who did this when they were a kid are more likely to end up with higher salaries.
Play an instrument/took music lessons