Friday, September 28, 2007

SEPTEMBER 28, 2007

ANOTHER CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT...
Coming Monday... we've got more big concert news... don't miss it!

TEACHER OF THE MONTH
Congratulations to 3rd Grade Teacher Mrs. Ilene Rickles at Dr. Juliet Thorner school... she is our first Teacher of the Month. We got an email from the parent of a current student that said...

"My son has always had problems in school in the past years. It is very hard for him to pay attention and I would always get notes from the teacher that he was not behaving. My son did not like school very much. This year, which is his Third grade year, is different! My son is excited to attend school. Gets up early and says how much he likes his teacher. I know its teachers like Mrs. Rickles who make a difference in children's lives, like my sons. I want my son to enjoy school and not loathe it."

Mrs. Rickles wins a commemorative certificate, flowers from All My Love Fresh Flowers and Gifts, dinner for two at Los Hermanos, and treats for her class! Plus, she's entered into our grand prize drawing for $500 to GW School Supply!

YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND
Congratulations to Sandi Castillo and her friend Nancy Casimiro... Since our first Breeze Family Member didn't call back, Sandi kept listening and called right away when she heard her name drawn for James Taylor tickets! Then, we got her friend Nancy on the line, who was also listening, and she won too! See, being a Breeze Family Member pays off!

Remember, tickets for the show go on sale today at 10 AM!

DEWAR'S ICE CREAM CONTEST
Join me at the Kern County Fair tomorrow at 2 PM in the Fine Arts Building as I co-host and judge the Dewar's Ice Cream Contest. We'll reveal the winners, and just maybe, you'll get some free samples!

GET FIT OR DON'T BLAME NICKELODEON!
Nickelodeon will go dark for three hours tomorrow, beginning at Noon... it's to encourage your kids to go outdoors and get some exercise.