Monday, January 22, 2007

JANUARY 22, 2006

THE WIGGLES ARE COMING!
Attention parents of preschoolers, The Wiggles are coming... March 6th at Rabobank Arena! Tickets are on sale next Monday at 10 AM at all Ticketmaster outlets! Keep listening for more details.

CAREFULLY DECIDE WHAT TO WEAR TO WORK
Keep this in your head next time when you're getting ready for work… How you dress has a DIRECT connection to how well your career's gonna go.

A new survey of senior business executives by the staffing company OfficeTeam finds that only 7% say the clothes you wear to work have no influence on your chances of being promoted.

60% say your dress, quote, "somewhat" influences your chances of getting a promotion. . . and 33% say it, quote, "significantly" influences your chances. The recommendations from OfficeTeam: Don't wear anything that's flamboyant, or a distraction. . . that's dirty or torn. . . that's too sexy or revealing. . . or that your boss wouldn't wear.

BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO
Cameron ... Drew ... Britney ... It seems it's break-up season of late, so perhaps a little advice is in order of what NOT to do as an ex. In an excerpt from her book, A Girlfriend's Guide to Getting Over Him, author Sandra Ann Miller lays down the law for the brokenhearted. She has created ten essential ground rules to prevent the recently split from making the most common breakup mistakes. Take a look...

1. I will not call him. I will not call him even if I am convinced it will make me feel better. I will not call him even to get my stuff. I'll have a friend do that, preferably via e-mail.

2. I will not email him. Not even an innocent or funny group e-mail forward. I will not contact him at all.

3. I will not frequent the places I know he goes, even if I went there first and like it better. I know going to such places will hurt more than it will help. Going to those places is stupid, can be viewed as stalker-ish, and will be painful only to me.

4. I will not encourage or allow friends to do anything foolhardy, even with my best interests at heart. This includes talking to him when they see him in public ... to let him know he is a jerk and he'll never do better than me, or to share that I'm looking fabulous, got a promotion, bought a new house, and am dating George Clooney.

5. I will screen all of my calls. I will not answer the phone unless I know who it is and I'm sure it's not him. All other calls will go to voicemail.

6. I will not take his phone calls. I repeat -- I will not take his calls.

7. I will not return his phone calls or e-mails. If he is "just checking" to see how I am, I know he is really just checking to see if I think he's mean. He is looking to get out of his guilt...

8. I will not look for signs that we will get back together. This includes asking the Magic-8 Ball or palm readers, or your horoscope.

9. I will not believe this is temporary. I will see this as permanent until proven otherwise by concrete actions, immense apologies, and couple's therapy.

10. I will not hide under a rock, be humiliated or ashamed that this relationship ended. For all I know, this could be the best thing that ever happened to me.

I promise to abide by these vows for at least thirty (30) days, or until I have gotten over him, whichever is longer. This I do affirm. So help me.

REMEMBER THIS GUY?
Remember a couple weeks back we told you there was a guy who wanted to propose to his girlfriend via a Super Bowl Commercial? Well, the guy, who's only identified as J.P. needed to raise enough for the cost of the 30-second commercial… $2.5 MILLION!

Well, he managed to get $75,000. . . and, more importantly, he got the attention of a PR firm in San Francisco called SEO-PR, which hooked him up with a major sponsor to pay the rest.

Jamie O'Donnell, a spokesman for SEO-PR, says, quote, "The ad is in production, and of those who have seen it, there wasn't a dry eye. If she doesn't marry him, I will."

J.P. will be watching the Super Bowl with his girlfriend. . . and there will be cameras ready. . . which will record her answer after the ad airs, and then get posted immediately on YouTube.

TOP TEN FACTORS MAKING YOU OLD BEFORE YOUR TIME!
Have trouble with more than one of these? Check with a doctor on living a healthy lifestyle...

1. I'm more than 20 pounds overweight.
2. I exercise less than one hour a week.
3. I'm addicted to any of the following: junk food, alcohol, and/or cigarettes.
4. I'm chronically anxious or stressed.
5. I have trouble sleeping.
6. I have posture problems.
7. I have high blood pressure.
8. I do not take natural supplements or bio-identical hormones.
9. I am depressed.
10. I watch TV more than 2 hours a day

CRIME DOESN'T PAY...
I think we've found our first TRULY idiotic criminals of 2007 right here.

So, congratulations, 46-year-old Kurt Husfeldt, his 13-year-old son whose name wasn't released, and 20-year-old Steven Mangiapanella, all of Lindenhurst, New York (--on Long Island). . . because we're talkin' about YOU.

Last week, the 13-year-old boy and Steven snuck into the Public Works department of Babylon, New York (--the next city west on Long Island), and stole 14 GPS devices. Their plan was to resell them and make a few grand.

But. . . they forgot to TURN THEM OFF. . . so, as soon as the town figured out their GPS devices were missing, they fired up the GPS system on THEIR end. . . which is hooked up to those devices. . . and showed EXACTLY where they were.

The cops busted into Kurt's house, where they found him with one of the GPS devices in his hands.

He was charged with criminal possession of stolen property; his son and Steven were both charged with grand larceny.