TODAY IS VETERAN'S DAY
Today is Veterans Day. The day we set aside to honor our troops.Thousands of our soldiers are overseas today, right now, engaged in active duty in hostile territory. We can't wait until you are home, safe and sound. Our thanks to you and the other thousands of active duty, and retired service men and women who have given of themselves to help keep AMERICA, free.
THE SIX SECRETS TO WINNING AT MONOPOLY
Tim Darling is a math expert, who studied billions of computer simulations of Monopoly games, to figure out, mathematically, how you should play to have the best chance at winning the game. (Assuming your family actually ever gets to the end of a game of Monopoly.)
Here are Tim's six secrets to winning at Monopoly. You're welcome.
1) ALWAYS BUY RAILROADS, NEVER BUY UTILITIES. The revenue from railroads is much more constant over time.
2) ONLY BUY PROPERTY TO COMPLETE A MONOPOLY, OR KEEP AN OPPONENT FROM COMPLETING ONE. Owing one or two properties in a group is useless, unless it stops Monopolies... because you need to build houses to win.
3) ALWAYS GET A "CHEAPER" MONOPOLY. Get one of the four monopolies on the first two sides of the board: The purples, light blues, light purples or oranges. And get it quickly... trade if you have to.
4) ONLY BUILD THREE HOUSES. As soon as you get a Monopoly, put THREE houses on each property. Exactly three. Based on the math, three houses is the sweet spot... they'll pay off the most over time, without being too expensive up front like hotels.
5) ONCE YOUR FIRST MONOPOLY STARTS MAKING MONEY, GET A MORE EXPENSIVE MONOPOLY. And put three houses on each of its properties.
6) STAY IN JAIL. Once your opponents have monopolies, moving around the board will, most likely, cost you money. So, stay in jail as long as you can. But, until they have monopolies, get out of jail quickly so you can get back to buying property.
Next time you feel yourself getting angry at someone... and you could either walk away, take some breaths and let it go... or stay where you are and start freaking out at them... walk away.
According to new research in the "International Journal of Psychophysiology", when you get angry, it can have a negative effect on your health for a full WEEK.
When you get angry, your blood pressure goes up.
Then, for an entire week afterwards, every time you REMEMBER why you got angry, your blood pressure goes back up to that level.
After a week, you start calming down a little, so remembering why you got angry doesn't have the same effect on your health.
But, during the time you're angry and the week after, having your blood pressure spike up over and over is bad for your heart... and your whole cardiovascular system.
Our third grand prize winner to see Celine Dion is Denise Ariey! We still have one more grand prize drawing left... Listen 9-2-5 and keep track of the three Celine Dion songs we play, so you can qualify with me tomorrow at 7:20!