ATTENTION SINGLE GUYS!
"I am female looking for a temporary "boyfriend" to take back home for a week and then to Hawaii for another week for our family's annual summer vacation trip. My mom is always asking me when I am getting married and I just can't take it anymore! I want to bring home a pseudo-boyfriend so she'll, well, frankly, get off my back. The gig is about two weeks long and all expenses are paid, plus $700. Must be a good improv actor as the entire trip will revolve around this kind of theme. 24-34 years of age. Oh, and please, relatively handsome men only."
What is this girl thinking? This is a temporary solution, but soon, when your fake date is over, THEN what do you tell your family? You broke up? OR! Maybe people put up postings for a guy to be their fake date -- in the secret hope that it'll actually turn into something real? Ah ha!
WHICH ARM DO YOU CARRY YOUR BABY IN?
Researchers at Durham University in England have found that mothers who cradle babies in their RIGHT ARMS show higher signs of stress and more of a risk of depression than women who cradle their babies in their left arms.
Why? Nadja Reissland, a developmental psychologist, gave an EXTREMELY helpful answer, quote, "There is no explanation why."
HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OUT OF YOUR PAYCHECK
Tired of not having enough cash to make ends meet? Note these ways to make the most out of your paycheck. . .
1) USE DIRECT DEPOSIT. A lot of employers offer this to their employees. By having your paycheck deposited directly into your bank account, you resist the temptation of cashing it.
2) PAY YOURSELF FIRST. Even if it's only $10 a week, set aside a certain amount of money every payday in a separate savings account. Don't touch it. Over time, it'll add up AND you'll earn interest on it.
3) TRACK YOUR SPENDING. Set up a budget for yourself each pay period. Remember that little things like eating out at restaurants and getting that daily cup of coffee often put you OVER your budget.
4) SKIP THE ATM. If you have cash on you, you'll spend it. Give yourself a weekly cash allowance so that you'll minimize your trips to the ATM.
5) ASK FOR A RAISE. If you're feeling you're not getting paid what you're worth, you might as well just bite the bullet and ask for a raise.